[Scribus] File size using photos

Nigel Ridley nigel
Fri Apr 13 19:56:19 CEST 2007

This is really a newbie question but I would really like to know:
Does Scribus only use the part of a photo/graphic that is viewable in the graphic
frame or does the whole photo/graphic get put into the end file size regardless of
how much has been cropped out.
Is that clear? If not - let's say I have a 2.5Mb .jpg that I put into a Scribus
document. I then crop the .jpg as I only want a section of the photo in the
finished document - is there still 2.5Mb of .jpg in the document?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to make a small booklet available on my
website for download but obviously want to keep the file size down to something
reasonable (there will probably be several graphics in the finished document).

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries