[Scribus] Google Summer of Code Projects Assigned

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Apr 12 08:41:46 CEST 2007

Hello,

The results are in - we have two projects selected for Google Summer of Code
2007. First, let me say a heartfelt thank you to all of our student applicants
who chose our team. You all worked very hard and we are happy that you
considered Scribus to be a project worthy of your efforts. The applications we
received were of high quality and great interest to the developers and the
Scribus community. We are very sorry that not all applications could be
accepted. If it were up to us we would have you all in this program. Even if
you did not make the cut please consider applying through us the next year.

Assigned projects:

The first project is an Imposition plug-in -
http://code.google.com/soc/scribus/appinfo.html?csaid=1373994585D18A10. See
the GSoC wiki page for more information at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_Plugin_Discussion. For this
project Mateusz Haligowski will work under guidance from a mentor Riku Leino
(Tsoots).

The second project is a Math Support plugin -
http://code.google.com/soc/scribus/appinfo.html?csaid=74E2F1F23A461169. See
the GSoC wiki page for more information at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Add_Math_Support. For this project Hermann
Kraus will work under guidance from a mentor Andreas Vox (avox).

Congratulations to the students whose projects have been selected and many
thanks again to all those who applied.

Best wishes,

Alex, Scribus GSoC 2007 admin