[Scribus] Authoring Math formulas using scribus

avox avox
Sun Apr 8 23:15:43 CEST 2007

Albretch Mueller-2 wrote:

> I need to author a Math paper on statistics and I think the only
> "reasonable" option to me right now, would be using scribus ".sla" files
> and
> save them as .pdf ones

No, Scribus currently has no support for math formulas. Best bet is to do
maths in LaTeX and import as EPS to Scribus. See
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Importing_EPS_graphics_into_Scribus

Another approach using OO.o and jEuclid was described in
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2007-March/023152.html

You don't have to use Scribus, other possibilities for a math paper are LyX,
which uses LaTeX in the background, or plain OO.o (don't know about the
typesetting quality of equations, though).

> I did search your mailing list archives for this info and found some links
> like
> ~
> http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2007-April/023163.html
> ~
> Is there a how-to or a tutorial on authoring math script using scribus
> (and
> saving them as PDF then)?

Not that I know of.

/Andreas