[Scribus] bottom posting

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Apr 5 00:01:17 CEST 2007

Howard R. Hansen wrote:
> Are you against top posting because you don't like it or is it because
> this  mail group has a rule against top posting?  I ask this question
> because  Wikipedia doesn't say top posting is bad E-Mail etiquette.
> See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

The consensus of those who do the responding to questions posed to the
list have indicated that they want responses to be posted at the bottom.
It is a style that is strongly encouraged (does that make it a rule?).
Bottom posting allows for an ability to read a question and its
especially in the Archives. When some top-post, others bottom post,
understanding the posts can be extremely difficult.

Bottom-posting also can make it more likely that someone will trim out
unnecessary old material, and also perhaps find that what they were
going to say has already been said.

The main argument for top-posting seems to be only that the individual
mail client puts the cursor there when Reply is clicked. If it was a
matter of one person exchanging mail with one other person, it probably
wouldn't matter, but when you have many people responded and a host of
others just reading the to-and-fro questions/responses, an organized
format is good.

Greg