[Scribus] best image format

william f. maddock billsey
Wed Apr 4 23:45:16 CEST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 1:07 PM, heathenx wrote:

> Craig Bradney wrote the following on 4/4/2007 1:59 PM:
>> Do you have control over the PDF export resolution?

> BTW, I have Adobe Acrobat 7 with the PDF
> printer. That's what I have been using. Our company uses a butt load
> of PDF files.
>
> Yes, I do. I can control it thru Distiller if I need to.
>
> heathenx

Do you have the capability of saving out a postscript file from your
CAD program? As an example, on my Mac under OSX the standard system
print dialog gives you the option to print to a postscript file from
any application. do you have a similar option available? If you do, you
should be able to import that postscript directly into scribus (just
like with the EPS files), and it should have the same quality as the
files exported as PDF from the CAD app.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey