[Scribus] best image format

avox avox
Wed Apr 4 21:02:34 CEST 2007

heathenx-2 wrote:

> This is a real noob question but I'm going to ask it anyway. All my image
> files are in PDF form
> right now. I can convert the PDF file to EPS through Adobe Acrobat but is
> that in true EPS form or
> is it degraded. When I compare the PDF file to the newly converted EPS,
> the EPS looks like @#$%! I
> do not have a EPS export option in my CAD system, dang it!
>
> heathenx
>
> Gregory Pittman wrote the following on 4/4/2007 12:28 PM:
>> avox wrote:
>>> heathenx-2 wrote:

a) As you're not completely noob to this ML any more, maybe I can ask you to
stop top-posting? :-)
That's when you write your reply above the text you're responding to, as
seen above.

b) When you choose Import->EPS/PS, select "All Files" in the file dialog and
feed your PDF file to it. Sometimes it works, exspecially if there's no text
and no bitmaps in the PDF.

HTH
/Andreas