[Scribus] Fonts in PDF form fields (Was: Re: Scribus Digest, Vol 50, Issue 8)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Apr 4 22:42:14 CEST 2007

avox napisa?(a):

> MaHan wrote:
>>
>> To my knowledge, it's not an Adobe/PDF limitation,
>> it's a limitation of Scribus 1.2.* and 1.3.3.* series
>> which has been successfully fixed by Fschmid in the
>> 1.3.4cvs branch --  please read this bug report with
>> the included notes and open one  of the test PDF forms
>> I've attached to it (e.g. the last one):
>>
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3282
>>

> It was a limitation upto PDF format 1.3, but 1.4 and later support it.
> Scribus had the above mentioned bug with that though, which is only fixed in
> latest 1.3.3.8.
> Also note that the you use the normal Properties Palette for setting the
> font.

It hasn't been fixed in 1.3.3.8, there is no stable release which
supports this feature. Fschmid has recently committed a fix for it in
the  1.3.3.9cvs, but due to the broken kerning  of fonts in PDF form
fields  it's unusable anyway. It is only fixed in 1.3.4cvs for the time
being.

Maciej