[Scribus] Fonts in PDF form fields (Was: Re: Scribus Digest, Vol 50, Issue 8)

avox avox
Wed Apr 4 20:58:34 CEST 2007

MaHan wrote:

> To my knowledge, it's not an Adobe/PDF limitation,
> it's a limitation of Scribus 1.2.* and 1.3.3.* series
> which has been successfully fixed by Fschmid in the
> 1.3.4cvs branch --  please read this bug report with
> the included notes and open one  of the test PDF forms
> I've attached to it (e.g. the last one):
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3282

It was a limitation upto PDF format 1.3, but 1.4 and later support it.
Scribus had the above mentioned bug with that though, which is only fixed in
latest 1.3.3.8.
Also note that the you use the normal Properties Palette for setting the
font.
The setting of "Font for 1.3 PDF" is only for when you create such a PDF
(which only supports a limited choice of fonts in form fields).

/Andreas