[Scribus] Fonts in PDF form fields (Was: Re: Scribus Digest, Vol 50, Issue 8)

MaHan ma_han2000
Wed Apr 4 16:08:15 CEST 2007

--- Alessandro Pellizzari <alex at amiran.it> wrote:

> > > I used textfields to make (Adobe Reader)
> editable fields, but I can only
> > > choose among Times, Helvetica, Dingbats, Courier
> and Symbols fonts, and
> > > always black and 12pt, left aligne.
> > > Is this a Scribus limitation or a PDF
> limitation?
>
> > I'm no expert but please look in the recent few
> months postings as this
> > has been discussed a couple of times recently.
> AFAIR you can only choose
> > a few basic fonts, and I think there is no way
> around this.
> > I think this is an Adobe limitation.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Before posting I browsed through the mailing list
> archives, watching for
> "form" or "input" in the subject, but I found
> nothing. :(
>
> There are tons of messages in the archives, I
> couldn't read them all.
> I will try a deeper search downloading gzipped
> archives and parsing with
> grep, but as you say it's an Adobe limitation a have
> small hope...

To my knowledge, it's not an Adobe/PDF limitation,
it's a limitation of Scribus 1.2.* and 1.3.3.* series
which has been successfully fixed by Fschmid in the
1.3.4cvs branch --  please read this bug report with
the included notes and open one  of the test PDF forms
I've attached to it (e.g. the last one):

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3282

cheers
Maciej Hanski