[Scribus] Printing from Scribus: special needs?

avox avox
Tue Apr 3 15:25:59 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> At a customer printing does work from all applications to an HP color
>> Laserjet 4550 with an hpijs driver. Only Scribus does not work with this
>> driver.  Does somebody know why? Has Scribus other needs then other
>> applications like Gimp?
>>
> I think something changed with CUPS in recent versions. In FC6, lpr
> disappeared, lp remains. I can't print directly from Scribus, except by
> using a command: 'lp -d/printername/' (without the slashes, space
> between -d and printername is optional)

Did you try specifying "lp -d" as alternative print command in General
Prefernces->Printer?

I also heard there's an extra package named "bsd-printing" or something like
that which installs the missing "lpr" command.

/Andreas