[Scribus] Printing from Scribus: special needs?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Apr 3 14:29:13 CEST 2007

Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At a customer printing does work from all applications to an HP color
> Laserjet 4550 with an hpijs driver. Only Scribus does not work with this
> driver.  Does somebody know why? Has Scribus other needs then other
> applications like Gimp?

I think something changed with CUPS in recent versions. In FC6, lpr
disappeared, lp remains. I can't print directly from Scribus, except by
using a command: 'lp -d/printername/' (without the slashes, space
between -d and printername is optional)
If you can save to a file and print the file, there has to be a workaround.

Greg