[Scribus] Mathematical expressions in Scribus

avox avox
Sun Apr 1 03:21:24 CEST 2007

Thomas Zastrow-4 wrote:

> Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I don't think an article would become obsolete anytime soon, since you
>> used
>> OO.o and MathML, while Herm will try to integrate LaTeX. Many people
>> don't
>> want to learn LaTeX and may feel more comfortable with OO.o instead.
>>
> But I'm trying to force Hermann into the MathML direction, away from
> LateX ... :-)

Not a good idea.
Currently LaTeX syntax is the easiest for typing, and AFAIK LaTeX output is
also
typographically superior to anything else.

MathML might have its uses if you have a GUI editor or need to interchange
formulas,
but for Scribus LaTeX is the better fit.

That's why the GSoC application aims at using the LaTeX engine from Scribus
and
importing the result as png or eps/pdf.

Also it's much easier to generate LaTeX from MathML than vice versa :-)

/Andreas