[Scribus] Mathematical expressions in Scribus

Owen rcook
Sun Apr 1 03:19:32 CEST 2007

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 01:46:38 +0200
Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 1. April 2007 01:17 schrieb Thomas Zastrow:
> > Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:

> > I already thought about that. But Hermann is working on a *real*
> > integration of formulas into Scribus. So I'm exciting waiting for his
> > solution which will hopefully make my workaround obsolet.
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> I don't think an article would become obsolete anytime soon, since you used
> OO.o and MathML, while Herm will try to integrate LaTeX. Many people don't
> want to learn LaTeX and may feel more comfortable with OO.o instead.

I do not have cause for using maths, but have experimented with Kile (a LaTeX front end)

It is a very easy system to produce math, and create postscript for importing into Scribus, see an example at

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/math.pdf which has been made from http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/math.sla

Owen