[Scribus] Thanks for all of your help Scribus folks!

Raquel Martin raquel_rene
Sat Sep 30 00:25:07 CEST 2006

Some of you helped answer my questions earlier this
month.

Thanks in part to your help, our group was able to
complete our book in under 30 days, from brainstorming
to final product.

I spent two days on the layout, it was a rough two
days putting an over 100 page book together with last
minute edits and changes. But it happened! And we
finished our project 1 day before our deadline.

Our book is on lulu.com now--all layout was done is
Scribus 1.3.0, I used some Gimp and Inkscape as well.
Our print book has been sent and we are waiting on a
proof, as well as other offers from some publishers.

If you'd like to see the book, it is free to download
this weekend in ebook form:

http://www.lulu.com/content/447946

I am not really here to promote my project, but to
thank you.

Scribus is a great program, once you learn how to work
with it and not against it. The final file for this
book was distilled in Acrobat--but it was Scribus that
did all of the work.

I used Scribus before for an entire year, creating a
print tabloid every month. It never let me down.

Thanks again,

Raquel