[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Sep 29 00:15:33 CEST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 23:50, BandiPat wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
> > [...]
> > Thats not true. How many magazine reviews and other reviews and emails
> > have you missed to say it is not like you say it is.
> >
> >> Believe me when I say, I'm not trying to be rude or overly critical.
> >
> > Yes, you are, and getting on my nerves with the over criticism you
> > provide without reasonable reply or substance.
> >
> >> It's just a tutorial, in my thoughts, is meant to help teach and
> >> understand the correct use of something.  I don't believe this tutorial
> >> meets that criteria yet.
> >
> > It did before and it still does. Yes, it probably needs some more work,
> > but I'm standing up to Greg and saying thanks for taking the time and
> > making the enormous effort to convert this to the wiki and update it as
> > much as it is. Feel free to make a copy and dumb it down so my 2 year old
> > can use it.
> >
> > Craig
>
> =========
> Craig,
> I'll say again, I was not trying to be rude, but you certainly had a
> time with it, didn't you?  Catch you at a bad time, your time of the
> month or what with such a reply?  I must have gotten on your last nerve
> with my response.  Crikey mate, take a chill pill.
>
> And how many of those reviews did you read and understand?  Don't
> remember seeing one that spoke about how easy Scribus was to use, just
> that it was mostly capable of doing DTP.
>
> Niyam's tutorial was ineffective as is Greg's continuance or slight
> reworking of that same tutorial.  Sorry to be so blunt, but it's no
> reflection of the all the work either put into those tutorials.
> Certainly the time they put into those are appreciated by all, but if
> they are to be done, then why not do them correctly?  The only thing I
> can see that is dumbed down is your behavior acting like a 2 year old.

See thats just your opinion. I've had scores of people talk to me about how
they love it, how they find it easy to use etc. Face to face, on IRC, and
yes, in magazine reviews and online reviews.

Sure, some things are not so easy, but in general its not like climbing the
wall you make it out to be.

The tutorial was done correctly for its purpose. It might not be the same as
your requirement, but its purpose is fulfilled. It is not wrong.

There's simply no reason for you to continue Scribus bashing and Scribus
contributor bashing.

Craig