[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

listen at thomas-zastrow.de listen
Thu Sep 28 10:01:49 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 22:41, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 27. September 2006 22:22 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> > On Sunday 24 September 2006 22:44, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > > I've done more work on the tutorial version on the Wiki. (pages 8 and
> > > 9) Here's the start:
> > > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_with_Scribus
> > > Please check it to make sure it makes sense. I think it's time to make
> > > a link from one of the categories on the main Wiki page.
> > >
> > > Greg
> >
> > Is there a pdf version of the updated file? I much prefer paper
> > manuals. The original (excellent) tutorial is several Scribus versions
> > out of date.
>
> Not yet. We can think of creating PDFs once the tutorial is polished (which
> means soon).
>
> Christoph

I also think that a printable-PDF-version is a must-have for beginners. I can
do that when somebody says "OK, here's the stable version 1.0 of the
tutorial" ... ;-)

Another thing: Perhaps it would be a good idea to write a short text about the
principles of a DTP-app like Scribus. That it is frame-based and so on. And,
very importatnt: To extract the differences between DTP-apps and
word-processors, becuase I think that a lot of people are coming from OO or
MS-Word. And then they are sitting there like a rabbit in front of a snake
and don't know what to do.

Best,

Tom