[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

Owen Cook rcook
Thu Sep 28 06:41:07 CEST 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> BandiPat wrote:
> > Gregory Pittman wrote:

> One of my comments on the list was wondering whether anyone had
> actually, literally, gone through this tutorial that Niyam had written,
> since I noted that as it progressed the detail got rather sparse in a
> way that would cause a user to lose interest. Yet, on a practical level,
> it's not clear to me that there would be many who go through this
> step-by-step, page-by-page, all the way to the end, since users are not
> in the end interested in making Niyam's booklet, they're interested in
> making their own work. So this will be something to "leaf through",
> perhaps do some bits here and there, but mainly hope to remember what
> sorts of operations are demonstrated to be able to refer to later when
> needed.

It came out in the 1.? days and I actually worked right through it. It was
"good" at the time and while still good, I take your point about the loss
of interest etc.

It's my firm beleif that the best way to impart techniques/practices is to
have a series of short How-Tos, like the  wiki's Usage HowTos.

The only extra I would add would be a link to a downloadable PDF of the
HowTos

Owen