[Scribus] Can't place some JPEG images

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Sep 11 22:00:23 CEST 2006

At 12:47 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:
>I'm just guessing, but with images that size... 6500 x 4000... there
>can and will be problems... sometimes, the application just times out
>before it can read the entire file.  Try reducing the JPEG to page
>size... if that doesnt work, you may have a corrupted file.

There is no reason why Scribus should not be able to handle what you
are calling "large images".

I would like to know what you mean by "the application times out".
There is no time restriction on the operation of the pgm.

I have demonstrated that I don't have a corrupted file, by having the
same failure occur on different files, and by using different pgms to
successfully read these files.

So we are back to the original question: why can't Scribus read some
large image files? What is the limitation (or error) in Scribus that
restricts it to smaller files? How can this limitation (or error) be removed?