[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Fri Sep 8 08:16:14 CEST 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 16:27, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> In the Prefs, add a field to set the arrow jump to a fixed value.
> Add a check box near that field to "Round to next integer".
> The way I would expect this to work is as soon as you check the
> "Round... " and considering you have entered a jump that makes that
> possible (,25 or ,5 for instance) you'll always end up to consistent
> values while you hit the arrows.
>
> As always, there might be a better way. :)

This indeed sounds interesting but I'm not sure if it's the most powerful way
to do it.

I'd like the ability to send to rounds of whatever I'd like, say send to
rounds of multiple of 12 on the page, or send to multiples of 0.5, and not
just rounding to full integers.

How about we have many "nudging steps" also.

How about "Big nudge" "Medium nudge" and "Small nudge" for normal settings and
the corresponding Big, Medium and Small "rounding" nudge amounts.

Not sure how it would go with shortcuts but there must be some Alt free in the
area or something.

Say, Shift being Big nudge, and Ctrl being Small nudge, and normal with no
modifier (shift big because it's the highest key of both on the keyboard)
with Alt as the rounding nudge amounts.

Not sure if it makes sense, how does it sound?

Pierre-Luc