[Scribus] Page Template...

Smith, Herb herb.smith
Wed Sep 6 19:31:05 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm totally new to Scribus so I'm not sure how to ask what I want to do
other than just describe it.  I hope someone can either give me some
insight or direct me to the appropriate documentation.

I am wanting to compile a cookbook.  Each page, therefore, should have
the same template... A title, list of ingredients, and directions to
make.  I would like to have a field for the title, a two-column field
for the ingredients, and a field for the instructions (single column).

I think I got the page template constructed (but it may not be correct,
or exactly what I need...) anyway, the question is how do I get the text
to go into the correct fields?  I'd like to have the basic text all in a
single file with the title, list of ingredients, and instructions in
individual paragraphs as follows:

My Favorite Meal

Ingredient 1
Ingredient 2
Etc.

Mix the two ingredients, stir well, bake at 350 deg. F for 35 minutes.
Serve over rice.

My Favorite Meal 2

Ingredient 1
Ingredient 2
Etc.

Chop Ingredient 1 finely, saute carefully.  Add ingredient 2 along with
1/2 cup water.
Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until tender.

And so forth....

I hope this is clear.  Is there some sort of script or process to get
consecutive parts of my recipe information into the consecutive text
fields on my page template?

Herb