[Scribus] Give and take

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Wed Sep 6 14:11:10 CEST 2006

>Hello,
>
>I agree that you can't please everyone with a user interface, and that
>developers can't be expected to go to special trouble to include a
>feature that only one person wants, or to change the way something
>works because of an extreme minority view.  I have lots of personal UI
>preferences, and I don't expect all of them to be satisfied.
>
>But nobody will ever know how many people like or dislike some
>interface element unless people say what they think about it, and
>explain why they think so.

Absolutely. Not only do I agree with you, but I think we *need*
documented input and lively discussion. Issues have to be discussed.
It often turns out to a better understanding of the needs out there
and you never know what good idea will come out of a discussion
before you start it. That's one key advantage of being a FLOSS.

So please, in your use of Scribus, don't refrain from commenting on
this list. This is what it is for.

Louis

>I'm sorry if I came across as too gung-ho while expressing my opinion;
>it was not my intention.  I appreciate the work that went into
>Scribus, and I like using it, even though some things don't work
>exactly how I would like them to.

p.s. I don't understand the expression "gung-ho" although I can guess
in the context of your sentence! :)