[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Tue Sep 5 20:30:25 CEST 2006

On 9/5/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> What you're saying is it's too difficult to double-click on a number
> value, then enter the integer?

No, it isn't "too difficult"; it is in fact what I do when I want to
use round number measurements -- because there's nothing else that I
*can* do.  However, it is certainly more difficult than manoeuvring
the object with arrow keys.  Selecting several boxes and entering
numbers into them is less efficient and more time-consuming.

My point is that the ability to manoeuvre the object with arrows would
become much more useful if it also included an option to jump to round
numbers.

> There are plenty of users I think that wouldn't want rounding all the time.

Yes, just as I don't want "snap to guides" to be on all the time --
which is why it's an optional behaviour that you can toggle, and my
suggestion is to make this optional as well.

> This may also be a version issue. Playing around with 1.3.3.3, I notice
> that sliding frames around with the mouse, using the arrows, changes by
> integer values (I'm using points).

I'm using 1.3.3.2.  Yes, it changes *by integer values* -- regardless
of where you start, and that's the problem.  I would like to have the
option of easily shifting objects *to* integer values (or values at
every half a unit, or some other interval which can be configured --
like the snapping distance for guides).

--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"Curiously deep, the slumber of crimson thoughts: