[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 43, Issue 10

Emanuel Schwarz Emanuel.Schwarz
Tue Sep 5 16:35:10 CEST 2006

>Emanuel Schwarz wrote:
>
>> 1.: In the "Property"-Window is always "X, Y, Z" selected after
>> deselecting the current object.
>> which is very annoying if you have to change many objects of the same
>kind.
>> It would be better if it stays in the menu you leaved it or if you could
>> open more than one menus at the same time (Form, Text, Lines,..)
>>
>Are you using a 1.2.x version? This seems to be fixed in 1.3.3.x
>versions. If you're using Windows, use the 1.3.3.3 version.

Iam allready using version 1.3.3.3 on Ubuntu Dapper Drake.

>> 2.: When you move or scale an object by clicking the arrows, or use the
>> mouse wheel, the value always goes up/down by an whole millimeter (or
>what
>> units youve selected).
>> I think it should first make an integer and then goes up/down by an
>whole
>> unit (75.19 mm > should first make 76.00 mm and then 77.00 when you
>raise
>> it stepwise)
>>
>Just so you know, holding down Ctrl, Shift, or Ctrl+Shift changes the
>digit affected. As far as some kind of automatic rounding, it's hard to
>see the real benefit of that, you can always double click the value and
>type in an integer.

Thanks for the great hotkey advice!

>> 3.: I want to paste text directly on the workspace, not to first make an
>> textbox and paste it in there.
>> it should use the standard font and font size selected.
>>
>I think you're out of luck there. The workspace just defines the
>boundaries of your work, everything is in frames. Scribus is not trying
>to be a wordprocessor.

It seems that ive forced a little missunderstanding. I dont want the text
directly on the workspace, i want it in a (standard-setuped) Textbox when
pasting text on the workspace without a textbox selected.

>> 7.: when marking the whole text in a textbox its hard to mark the first
>> letter. in general its often a problem to mark exactly the letters you
>> want.
>>
>Try Ctrl+A, or hold down Shift and use arrows.

I allready use Ctrl+A but it annoys me anyway.

>Greg

thanks / wishes / emanuel