[Scribus] Good Book for Newby Designer?

Peter Dinnan pral
Mon Sep 4 02:53:37 CEST 2006

As well as those already mentioned; Exploring Typography by Tova
Rabinowitz is well worth having a look at.

It's a recent release (Feb this year) and as well as typography
exploration it goes into depth with design, page/grid layouts and a
whole lot more (visual gestalt for example).

Each chapter begins by listing the chapter objectives and concludes with
a summary plus assignments with the aim to build a coherent working
knowledge leading from one chapter to the next.

...one of the best books for page layout design/typography newbies I've
seen.

Cheers,
Peter