[Scribus] Good Book for Newby Designer?

filippo filipponi filippo.filipponi
Sun Sep 3 12:36:51 CEST 2006

Try:
Alex W. White "The elements of graphic design", Allworth Press
it discuss the basic principle with an eye on white space
and
Carl Diar, "Design with type", University of Toronto Press
a classic on type and contrast, and elements of graphic design
and if you are going to put in numbers and diagrams
Edward R. Tufte, "The visual display of quantitative information" (also a
beatyfull book itself)
ciao