[Scribus] Good Book for Newby Designer?

Tony Cowderoy tony
Sun Sep 3 11:55:57 CEST 2006

I've used Scribus 1.3 to produce my company's brochure this year.  I'm
an occasional user of DTP and not a professional designer.  Using
Scribus has made me begin to realise just how little I know about visual
design.

Can anyone recommend a good book on design, in English, suitable for a
beginner who knows quite a lot about software but not much about
professional design?  I don't want a "how to design with package X"
book.  I want one that is about design, not software and I'm looking for
something that starts with basic principles but also goes into quite a
lot of depth.  Any suggestions?

Tony Cowderoy