[Scribus] Page numbering

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Sat Sep 2 08:32:54 CEST 2006

A quick and very dirty way of page numbering I tried was to use a text
file with numbers 1 to what ever you want.
I used 1 to 50
1
2
3
4
5
nn
nn
50
and so on
then for page numbers, use link frames and make each frame the exact
character width of the number  and place the text box where I needed it
on the page using snap to grid.

One can use a spread sheet to generate the numbers 1 to 10,000 if you
want, save it as comma delimited text file and use a basic word
processor search and replace to erase the commas. It takes about 2
minutes to set up the text file.
Quick and dirty and got me out of trouble every now and again, because I
can use the same text file for any document, just add more numbers.
Roger