[Scribus] How to build Scribus for Windows XP?

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Oct 30 18:53:01 CET 2006

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> At 12:22 AM 10/30/2006, you wrote:
>> I tried getting Scribus to build with CMake under Windows a while ago,
>> but ran into persistent linkage issues with the required libraries.
>
> FYI, I built the JPEG library (jpeg62.dll) successfully, but when I
> substituted the DLL for the file jpeg62.dll that was distributed with
> Scribus 1.3.3.4, I got an error on starting Scribus.

Yep, that's rather unlikely to work unless the DLL is built the exact
same way and probably with the same compiler. It takes a lot of care to
make sure a DLL has a compatible ABI irrespective of the compiler used
etc and given libjpeg's age and general state the chances of that having
been done are about zero.

> The specific problem I'm trying to fix is the inability to place some
> JPEG images, and of those that are successfully placed, inability to
> print pages containing them.

This could very easily be a Scribus bug rather than a libjpeg issue.
libjpeg hasn't changed in a rather long time.

If it's always the same images, filing a bug with the images attached
and some instructions on how to make the problem happen might help.

--
Craig Ringer