[Scribus] How to build Scribus for Windows XP?

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Oct 30 09:22:55 CET 2006

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I have the Scribus 1.3.3.4 sources. How can I build Scribus for
> Windows XP, using Visual Studio 2005? My aim is to attempt to debug
> some of the problems I have been having with the pre-built version of
> Scribus for Win32.

Scribus is currently built against a commercial release of Qt3 . Once
the Qt 4 port is completed this may no longer be necessary (though as
the free Qt4 for Windows only supports MinGW that's not certain).

I tried getting Scribus to build with CMake under Windows a while ago,
but ran into persistent linkage issues with the required libraries. I
now have a bit more experience with win32 development so I'm planning on
having another go at it after my exams finish. Even then, no promises,
and it'd also require the QtWin/Free port of Qt3/X11 that has some known
problems.

In short, it's currently non-trivial at best to build Scribus under
win32 and no build instructions exist as yet.

--
Craig Ringer