[Scribus] list mail

Dwain Alford dwain.alford
Sat Oct 28 01:26:22 CEST 2006

On 10/27/06, Axel Bojer <axelb at skolelinux.no> wrote:

> Dion Vansevenant skrev:
> > On 10/21/06, Asif Lodhi <asif.lodhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi dwain,
> >>
> >> On 10/22/06, dwain.alford at gmail.com <dwain.alford at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> .......................................... i responded earlier to the
> >> cmyk post and never
> the
> >> list.
> >>
> >> This has happened to me in the past as well.  The problem is either
> >> with GMail or Thunderbird.  Basically, strange things started
> >

> > I'm getting a similar issue with Gmail as well. I thought it might be
> > because I was new to the list and had to have my first few posts
> moderated
> > manually. Then recently I thought it might be my subscription settings.
> But
> > what you've said about how Gmail handles things kind of makes sense. I
> am
> > subscribed to the list from my Gmail account, and that is how I read the
> > list messages.
> >
> > Not sure if Thunderbird would be doing something similar as I personally
> > haven't been using it for discussion lists like this. Just straight
> > email or
> > broadcast lists, nothing threaded. Hmm.
> >
> > DionV
>
> I am using Thunderbird all the time, so at lest the problem can't be
> with Thunderbird alone, but perhaps, as said, in conjunction with Gmail.
> So another solution of course would be to post from a different account.
> But it would of course be nice if if was sent in as a bug and fixed (if
> it isnt reported already ...), That way others can benefit from it too :-)
>
> Best regards
> Axel Bojer

correct you are, it's not tbird.  i have several accounts i monitor and have
no problem.  i have, however, switched to checking gmail through firefox.  i
clean out the account periodically and have to go that route anyway.  i also
installed the gmail notify extension and now i'm happy as a clam!  wonder
where that saying came from?  are clams really happy?  how can you tell?

cheers,
dwain