[Scribus] Anyone else seen this benchmark?

Markus Baertschi markus
Mon Oct 23 23:19:26 CEST 2006

On 10/23/06, Henning Schr?der <henning.schroeder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please have a look at  http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/benchmarks.html
> It seems that choosing plain Qt 4 can be much faster than Cairo as the
> rendering backend.
> Does this also apply to Scribus? Perhaps this is something to consider
> when porting Scribus to Qt 4.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but after my first steps I have to say the the
current performance of scribus sucks.
Just scrolling around a 10 page document is slow. 5 seconds per screen
redraw. I've got enough memory
(1GB), but only a mediocre CPU (2GHz P4), but it should not be that slow.
Yup, I'm on Windows XP :-(.

Markus
--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Ross? 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org