[Scribus] Nice PDF form in "Made with Scribus" section on the Wiki

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Oct 21 10:07:16 CEST 2006

Asif Lodhi napisał(a):
> Hi Maciej,
>
> On 10/20/06, MaHan <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> Hi Annegret,
>> now, this a _really_ nice PDF form, you've just added
>> to "Made with Scribus" page on the Wiki:)
>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Made_with_Scribus#German
>>
>> http://waldheim-gaisburg.de/form-bu-plus-muster.pdf
>
> Would you please tell me what this form is all about as I don't
> understand German?  Obviously, it's a questionnaire but for which
> purpose.

Asif, it's obviously an insurance application (Annegret could surely
deliver some more details), but I wouldn't bother too much about it,
since it's the well thought out usage  of PDF form elements and
JavaScript logic that makes this form so interesting to me.  In fact, so
far it's the most advanced PDF form made with Scribus I know about. In
particular, have a look at:

-- 1st check box on page 1 which hides/shows an additional field group
below it

-- 2 check boxes on the right which obviously implement radio buttons
behaviour (actually, we've got a bug for this missing functionality in
Scribus bug tracker, Annegret  solved it somehow:)

-- click on the yellow "?" annotations (now, isn't this nice?)

-- the three field above the "Angebot berechnen" button have some
extensive JavaScript validation scripts, just play with it to see what I
mean

-- play with the 3 blue buttons on page 1, they have different
functionality

-- click on the blue "Drucken" button to launch the adobe reader print
dialog

-- the whole form (layout etc.) is a real eye candy, just pro quality

cheers
Maciej