[Scribus] Installation Help

avox avox
Wed Oct 18 17:21:27 CEST 2006

James Eaton wrote:

> I tried to install the Aqua Scribus on a 15" Powerbook. I put the
> application in /applications. I put the files inside the two library
> downloads in /Library/Frameworks. They are inside the folders that
> they came in but the folders are in /Library/Frameworks.

AFAIK the libXYZ.framework folders must exist directly in
/Library/Frameworks. But if Scribus starts that's ok.

> I put the
> contents of the Ghostscript download in the same place. When I start
> up I get a message that Ghostscript is not present. Can anyone tell
> me what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing. Ghostscript is used as an external program and you must tell
Scribus where to find it.
Just click ok and go to File->General Preferences->External Tools. There you
can enter the path to the Ghostscript executable (the correct path is
documented on http://aqua.scribus.net )

/Andreas