[Scribus] new problem - where's the js coming from? [SOLVED]

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Oct 11 00:15:26 CEST 2006

Dwain, I'm glad you've solved your issue

> according to the tutorial, in screen/web mode the program generates
> javascript unless i'm reading it wrong.

> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Your_first_PDF_form_with_Scribus
>
> "One of the biggest advantages of Scribus is the possibility to create
> PDF forms with embedded JavaScript scripts."

Actually, you are reading it wrong. Don't know where from you get the
conclusion  that "in screen/web mode the program generates javascript".

"The possibility to create  PDF forms with embedded JavaScript scripts"
means that's it possible to _intentionally_ create JavaScript script and
_intentionally_ embed them in PDF form elements such as text fields,
e.g. to validate or calculate their value. That's it. You could also
define a JavaScript script to be executed on opening your PDF form in
Acrobat reader.

> the problem i was having was with the js in the "date" function.  when i
> set the field to "plain" the problem vanished.
>
> evidently, the js compiled by scribus has a bug that does not produce
> correct js.  that's my guess based on what the tutorial says and the
> actions that i have taken to correct the problem and the cues given by
> acrobat 5.

Please submit this issue to the Scribus Bug Tracker http://bugs.scribus.net

have fun:)
Maciej