[Scribus] Scribus in Linux+

dwain.alford at gmail.com dwain.alford
Tue Oct 10 01:16:14 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> dwain.alford at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> back to the article, did i understand correctly that scribus can produce
>> a presentation similar to ms powerpoint and open office impress?
>>

> In essence, what you can do is to use a PDF for your presentation. Thus,
> Scribus gives you all its layout capabilities for creating your
> presentation.

thanks, greg.  as i read the getting started with scribus wiki, i am
picking up some things.

i asked this question in my first post, let me pose it again a bit
differently:

in pagemaker 6.52, you can "turn off and on" each side of a cell.  in
scribus you can only turn printing on or off for the entire table or
cell.  is there plans in a future release to add this feature, or is it
felt that a feature such as this is not needed, because it can be done
in open office and imported into scribus?

i am looking forward to learning more about scribus and using it as a
platform for printing art work that i create in inkscape.  and speaking
of inkscape, i had placed an inkscape svg in scribus and received a
message that some of the properties were not supported by scribus.  i
assume tighter integration is still under way?  didn't i read something
about this recently on the list?  i'm using 1.3.3.4 on a windows 2000
platform.

regards,
dwain