[Scribus] keyboard shortcuts in Story Editor

Axel Bojer axelb
Thu Oct 5 09:19:46 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman skrev:
> Something I just discovered today, using 1.3.3.3 (Linux) was that, even
> though I can set a keyboard shortcut for an em-dash, it will not work in
> Story Editor, though it does work in Edit Contents mode on the main
> screen. Since I've never tried this before, I don't know if it's a
> feature that was lost or never existed, yet seems intuitively that it
> should be there.
>
> I also wondered if there should be what we might call a "smart" shortcut
> insertion with this, so that in addition to using a shortcut to make the
> em-dash it will also add a following space. I'm not sure I can think of
> a situation where I wouldn't want a space after an em-dash.
>
> Greg

Perhaps not ... but after an n-dash I would :-)
Anyway, it may be unwise to remove flexibility just because it seems to
fit many cases. What about other languages? Could it be an option?

Best regards
Axel Bojer