[Scribus] keyboard shortcuts in Story Editor

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Oct 5 04:53:04 CEST 2006

Something I just discovered today, using 1.3.3.3 (Linux) was that, even
though I can set a keyboard shortcut for an em-dash, it will not work in
Story Editor, though it does work in Edit Contents mode on the main
screen. Since I've never tried this before, I don't know if it's a
feature that was lost or never existed, yet seems intuitively that it
should be there.

I also wondered if there should be what we might call a "smart" shortcut
insertion with this, so that in addition to using a shortcut to make the
em-dash it will also add a following space. I'm not sure I can think of
a situation where I wouldn't want a space after an em-dash.

Greg