[Scribus] Multiple pages on one sheet

Bernard G Hill berni
Mon Oct 2 19:21:01 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 16:51 +0200, Karl Sinn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I understood right, you want the same page printed 8 times on one big
> sheet. In that case I do make 8 pages in the dokument. Copy -> Paste to put
> the same page on the other pages. And then I export to pdf.
>
> With Acrobat Reader you can print all the pages on one sheet. Just set the
> options in the print dialog.
>
> Karl

Hi,

You understand correctly. Many thanks for this suggestion and the one by
Mikolaj. I had done a similar thing by setting up an A7 page and getting
all the images and text set up, and then setting the page size to A4.
This had the A7 page in the top left-hand corner. I then grouped
everything on the A7 page and used the multiple copy to copy this page
eight times on the sheet.

This works OK but it is important to get the first A7 page correct or
then corrections have to be made eight times or delete seven objects,
correct the one and then multiple paste again. It also causes some
problems if any of the images bleed off the page. I like the PDF
suggestion as this would overcome the problem of the bleed-off, but that
still means making copies on to seven more pages.

It would be nice to have the possibility of multiple page print-out onto
one sheet; that is what I am used to, having used Ovation Pro on RiscOS
for many years. Is there any possibility that this feature could be
considered for a future version of Scribus. Multiple copies of the same
image on one sheet is just what is needed for things like business cards
and tickets.

I appreciate very much the prompt help which has been provided through
this list.

Best wishes to all,
Berni.