[Scribus] newsletter setup

John R. Culleton john
Mon Oct 2 17:04:57 CEST 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 12:28, Herb wrote:
> <As for print to file/save as PS (which is actually more or less the same)
> under Windows simply install a Postscript printer driver (Apple Colour
> Laser Writer is recommended >
>
> Yes, thanks. I did that with a virtual printer and it works well. However,
> unlike my old Corel
> Ventura progrm it does not offer the option of booklet printing, as
> mentioned before. But it
> is a good start down the path.
> Herb

Once you get a PostScript file then preparing a booklet using
the common PostScript utiilities is not too difficult. Here is my
script for printing out a booklet composed of letter size sheets
on 11 x 17 paper:

psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps

This is a Linux script. Windows of course is more limited in
scripting but the statements could be entered individually.

You need psbook, psnup, and psselect. They are downloadable from
the net and I think windows versions are available.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting