[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Oct 2 16:52:54 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2006 10:58 schrieb Brian Astill:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 08:51, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Why don't you write one yourself, load it up to the Wiki or any
> > other place of your choice to teach us complete and clueless
> > idiots how to do it right?
>
> So I, being very used to my SAKO 22-250 bolt action rifle am
> pursuaded that FAR better performance can be obtained from this
> new you-beaut Star Trek lazer ray gun.  I buy one. It gives VERY
> poor results.  The manual might just as well be written in
> Klingon for all the use it is.  I complain, and am berated and
> told to "write one yourself, load it up to the Wiki or any other
> place of your choice to teach us complete and clueless idiots how
> to do it right."
>
> Sorry. WRONG approach. VERY wrong.

Brian,

you have to read my reply in context. In general, criticism is much
apprechiated. But if you read _all_ the postings of the author I responded
to, you will notice that he hasn't much to say with respect to improvements.
And if so, his suggestions are buried under mountains of insults. To get an
impression of this kind of ad hominem attacks, you can search the mailing
list. If someone brings up such harsh criticism, I would expect him to offer
at least an alternative outline for a tutorial (in this case). He has been
asked to suggest alternatives in the past, to write down something that can
be discussed, but he hasn't done so, and I don't expect he will do it in the
future. All we have learned is that his vocabulary of demeaning words and
phrasings is extaordinarily rich.

I hope you understand my reply better now.

Cheers,

Christoph