[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Oct 2 11:50:58 CEST 2006

Brian Astill napisa?(a):
> On Friday 29 September 2006 08:51, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

Brian,
I understand Your point of view and will try some insight into mine,
basing on Your very nice example. See my comments inline ("You" in my
comments doesn't mean You, but any hyphotetical action rifle enthusiast)

> So I, being very used to my SAKO 22-250 bolt action rifle am
> pursuaded that FAR better performance can be obtained from this
> new you-beaut Star Trek lazer ray gun.

In this case the Star Trek lazer gun is simply work in progress and its
makers warn extencively that you will use it on your own risk.

I buy one.

In this case, you get one for free (as in beer), without any warranty.

> It gives VERY
> poor results.  The manual might just as well be written in
> Klingon for all the use it is.

You hear that some other lazer guy owners hold weekly meetings where
they  try to create their own manual, based on their experience.

>I complain, and am berated

You go to this meeting, enter the room and immediately start to yell at
other guests. Maybe your arguments are, maybe not, it's just the way you
address those people that they don't like.

>and
> told to "write one yourself, load it up to the Wiki or any other
> place of your choice to teach us complete and clueless idiots how
> to do it right."

Some of these other gun owners get very angry at you and... approach you
very, very wrongly.

> Sorry. WRONG approach. VERY wrong.

Brian, Scribus Wiki is an user driven knowlegde exchange platform: I'm
an user, Christoph is a Scribus user, so is Gregory, Ludi, and Thomas.
Some of us are more experienced, some not, but we just try to help each
other as good as we can. I personally have asked users on this mailing
list to complain, critisize  and add their stuff to the Scribus Wiki. So
did Gregory, Thomas, Christoph. It's just that I don't like being yelled
on for what I do in my leisure time (meaning not you).

BTW: Brian, welcome and you are invited to add your critical comments
and perhaps some more stuff to our Scribus Wiki. Let me know, if you
need a Wiki account.

cheers
Maciej