[Scribus] file format 1.3.3.x and 1.3.4

Matthias Schmitt freak002
Thu Nov 30 07:45:09 CET 2006

Hello,

>> Just a thought on Greg's idea. I wonder whether saving in an older
>> format would be as good as it seems. Does that still make sense
>> from the
>> free software point of view? Anyone wishing to upgrade can do so
>> at no
>> cost.

Sorry, not true. You are thinking Linux and Windows only. I tried to
update Scribus on my Mac, but I failed. There is no up-to-date Mac
version. The current binary distribution (Scribus/Aqua Binary
Snapshot 1.3.3.2) does not run on any currently sold Intel Macs. And
the binary package distributed via the Fink package (X11 version) is
version 1.2.3.

 From time to time I cannot resist to remind you of the Mac platform.
May be some day there will be a Scribus Mac update ... :-)

Best regards ...

Matthias Schmitt