[Scribus] spaces in text frame

Terence Chan terence
Wed Nov 29 15:51:22 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting spaces to appear properly in a text
frame; hitting the space bar when editing text makes all spaces
appear as a - or ~ like character. I then tried to insert a space
using the "Insert Glyph" dialogue, which makes spaces appear ok
in scribus, but then the -/~ character reappears in the pdf file
(at least with PDF X-3 - I haven't tried PDF 1.x).

I can't be the first person to want to have spaces in a text frame,
so what am I doing wrong?

My setup is Scribus 1.3.3.4 on Fedora Core 5 with Acrobat 7.

Terence