[Scribus] Images

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Wed Nov 29 09:59:36 CET 2006

2006/11/29, Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au>:

> Hi all
> Lately I am getting a very light line about 0.2 px across the top of every
> image.
> I am working only in B & W / greyscale.
>
> I have tried removing the top of the image using gimp, and am now at a
> loss to solve it.
>
> The line is not present in  .pdf so It's not causing a production issue.

Hi Roger,

This sounds to me pretty much like a display issue. Maybe tied to a certain
view percentage or to the display settings of the images within Scribus. Do
you see this light line when working at a 100% view? at a 200% view? Did you
try with views of other percentages? Since screen displays at a much lower
resolution than the actual resolution it might be why the PDF is ok and not
what you see on the screen. WYS is (not always) WYG. I am not saying it's
not a bug, though. There might be something else. Of course, there is
nothing like a good investigation on your file. Others on this list might be
able to help you more on this. I look at it from the production point of
view and if your PDF is fine, that's what counts.

HTH

Louis

Roger