[Scribus] Creating a line of 0.2mm width? Keeps hanging on 0.353 mm?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong
Mon Nov 27 21:54:14 CET 2006

Plinnell wrote:
> On Monday 27 November 2006 14:03, Jelle de Jong wrote:
>> I installed the new scribus like in the document but the problem
>> still is there.
>>
>> Plinnell wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At a guess, you are being bitten by an Ubutnu bug. If so, please
>>> read carefully and follow:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubun
>>> tu_up_and_running
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

> Hi,
>
> First, please kindly do not top post. It is bad form on a mailing
> list. Most people I know read English top to bottom :)
>
> Second, simply upgrading will not fix this issue, it has to do with
> the locale settings. Please re-read and follow all the steps
> carefuly.
>
> Peter

I run scribus with this command but the problem is still there: LC_ALL=C
scribus.

I have created my design in Inkscape and exported it as plain *.svg,
*.eps and *.pdf.

If I print the *.pdf file generated by inkscape it looks fine fonts are
also embedded in the file. (but the pdf is not CMYK and not printer
ready I think)

Now I created a new A4 document with scribus and imported the *.svg and
 *.eps file.

The *.svg file is not correctly imported and looks totally different (if
I open the *.svg with opera it looks the same) Why does scribus not
import w3c correct *.svg files?

The *.eps file is correctly imported. If I print the document directly
to my postscript printer is looks OK.

But I want to export it to *.pdf. So I preform a export. But now the
*.pdf does not contain embedded fonts any more and looks and print
different (I think the *.eps is converted to a 300 dpi image)

How do I solve these problems?

Best regards,

Jelle