[Scribus] Printing document w/pictures

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Nov 20 08:44:11 CET 2006

Scribus 1.3.3.5, Windows XP

One step at a time...

I have discovered that only a relatively small number of JPEG images
can be placed in a document before Scribus crashes, so I have broken
my document up into parts.

Now I discover that when I print or print preview, the pictures are
absent; i e, I get only the text, with empty space where the picture
frames are in the document. While editing, the pictures display OK.

Any ideas where I should start looking for this problem? Is there a
setting somewhere that disables the printing of graphics which I
might accidentally have turned on?