[Scribus] Deleting pages

Michael Koren kung42o
Sun Nov 19 23:09:51 CET 2006

ols6000 wrote:

> Scribus 1.3.3.5, Windows XP
>
> I have a 64-page document which has text boxes and image frames in pp
> 1-22 (remainder are empty). I'm trying to split it into two
> documents, because I can't place more images in the original.
>
> When I use the delete Page/Delete... function, what I expect is for
> the text boxes and image frames on the deleted pages to be removed
> from the document. Instead, what I see is the text and images are
> simply moved into the remaining pages, so the effect is that pages
> are chopped off the end of the document. Since these pages are empty,
> nothing is accomplished; i e, the effect is the same as if I had
> deleted the higher-numbered pages.
>
> Is this how Scribus is supposed to work? Is there any way to delete
> pages in the expected manner besides deleting the text boxes and
> image frames individually, and then editing the text in the story editor?

Are the text frames linked (manually or by the automatic text frames
option)? That sounds like what would happen with linked frames--the frame is
deleted but the content reflows, so it looks the same on the next page. But
it shouldn't happen with image frames. Deleting pages usually works as
expected for me (1.3.3.4).

Michael