[Scribus] Multiple fonts in one line

Michael Koren kung42o
Sat Nov 18 03:28:48 CET 2006

OrpheusJim wrote:

> I am creating a program for a choir performance, and I would like to
> accomplish the following in one line.
>
> Song Name {flush left, Arial regular 12 pt}  composer {flush right, Arial
> italic 10 pt}
>
> Ideally I would like to have a list of such lines in one text block.
>
> I am a "newbie" with DTP and Scribus and am very impressed. Any help would
> be appreciated.
>
> Cheers - Jim

I think tabs would be the normal(?) way to do that--you'd need a right tab
stop at the right edge of the frame (set them up in frame or paragraph style
properties). But you'd have to apply the font properties manually to each
item.

The alternative is to use two columns in the frame and enter the two lists
separately (do an insert->column break after the end of the list of songs to
go to the next column). Then you can apply alignment and font settings once
to each list, but you have to manually make sure the two lists stay lined up
with each other.

Thought for the future: when 1.3.x supports character styles and "first n
lines" etc. substyling a la

     http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=363,

maybe separate styles to be applied to each tab field in a style would also
be useful to do this kind of "tab column formatting" automatically.