[Scribus] Get Text in Scribus

Roger hovergo
Tue Nov 14 07:35:56 CET 2006

Open new document in Scribus.
Create a Text Area
Right Click in area
Select get text -> browse and select the document - > click open
Nothing happens

Do the same with Append text, and nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?  I have never tried this before, so I am
just trying to expand my knowledge a little.

Thanks,
Nick

Hello Nick
What is the dot extension of your text file, if you have no dot ext then Scribus won't insert it. I
found it annoying at first but it is really a safety precaution that should be observed.
If you have .txt or .sxw it should  placce in the text box, however if you have a text file with no
extention it will not show up.
I ran into this problem some time ago so every text file I put in a text box is now saved in the
Story Editor as  name_version.txt where name is the name of the text and version  is the latest
change to the original text file. for example Locations Of Events_2.txt
I use plain text files and no longer use external formatting, doing all formatting within Scribus.

Works well for me.