[Scribus] Cannot print in scribus-ng

Bob Allen boballen2
Sun Nov 12 20:13:24 CET 2006

Bob Allen-3 wrote:

> I haven't been able to print documents from scribus for the last few
> months.
> I can save
> as PDF or eps and then print from evince but I cannont print directly. I
> am
> now running the
> latest (1.3.3.5) version under debian sid. printing from other
> applications
> is fine.
>
> Any ideas?

No.
Any more information? What print system are you using, CUPS, kprinter?
Do you get any error messages? Or is the print request just swallowed? Or
pages with no/wrong output?
Did you check the settings in the print dialog?

This is usually a configuration problem, not a Scribus problem.

/Andreas

I am using cups and all other applications work fine.

If I run from a terminal and do a print I get:

$ scribus-ng
usage: lpr [-cdfghlmnpqrstv] [-Pprinter] [-#num] [-C class] [-J job] [-T
title]
           [-U user] [-i [numcols]] [-1234 font] [-wnum] [name ...]

I have played with all the options I can find in the print dialog but to no
avail.
If I print to a file I do get a .ps file which I can print.

I have also tried entering an alternative print command but I think I need a
variable
for the file name

          lpr -Pr210 (file to print)

Bob.